The Redford Township District Library is now offering curbside services to our patrons for additional convenience. While our indoor checkout process is typically short and painless, curbside service may be exactly what you need when the weather is bad, you’re short on time, or your child is asleep in the car.
Items are available for pick-up on the days the library is open from one hour after we open until one hour before we close.
Monday through Thursday: 11:00 a.m.-7:30 p.m.
Friday and Saturday: 11:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m.
Sunday: 1:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m.
If you are interested in using this service, please follow the instructions below:
- Place a hold on the desired item(s) as you normally would via www.rtdl. org or by speaking with a librarian.
- Once your hold is available for pick-up, you will receive a system-generated notice via your preferred method of notification (email/phone/text).
- After we have notified you that your hold is ready for pickup, please call the library at 313-531-5960 at least 30 minutes before you would like to pick up your items to schedule a pickup time. When calling the library, please choose option 4, this will direct you to the circulation desk. Items will be held for 24 hours after your phone call.
- Upon arrival, please park in one of our 15-minute parking spots. If those are full, please pull next to the curb near the bike racks.
- Once you have parked, please call the library back at 313-531-5960 and let them know you have arrived. Prepare to give the make and model of your car and location in which you parked and have your library card or driver’s license ready for verification.
- A staff member will be right out to hand over your checked out items and ask to see your library card or driver’s license.