- The Amber Grant and the SoGal Black Founder Startup Grant provide small business grants to women and Black women/nonbinary people, respectively.
Other Business Links
- Concise yet comprehensive summaries of the best business books. With these summaries, professionals and students can keep up with the latest information in the business world. A wide range of topics is covered including business biographies, change management, communication, entrepreneurship, leadership, marketing, personal growth, productivity, and technology.
- This valuable resource provides users with U.S. demographic, company, and residential data in targeted geographic locations to support market research and business planning activities. Magnified by reporting capabilities that allow users to easily compile information. Data includes 135 million households and 23 million businesses. It serves a variety of needs for startups, small businesses, and students.
- The Detroit Public Library is a Patent and Trademark Resource Center (PTRC), supported by the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO). Specialized reference services relating to patents, trademarks and copyright are provided by highly trained and knowledgeable librarians. In addition, the Library's business section is of great help for those who seek to market their inventions, products or services. All services are free and available to the public. Book and material checkout, however, is subject to DPL circulation rules.
- Find top rated businesses in Redford in the Chamber of Commerce business directory.
- SCORE is a nonprofit association dedicated to helping small businesses get off the ground, grow and achieve their goals through education and mentorship. They offer free one-on-one mentoring sessions.
- Offers content for many top consumer and small business reference books, as well as tools to address many small business topics. It includes business videos, a help and advice section, and details on how to create business plans.