Digital Books, Movies, Music, Magazines, and More
- Product reviews and ratings on cars, appliances, electronics and more.
- Experience the joy of making with over 1000 award-winning video classes taught by top designers and artists. Creativebug has more than 1,000 award-winning art & craft video classes taught by recognized design experts and artists.
- Over 15 million songs to be streamed and downloaded. Create your own playlists, listen to channels, stream full albums, or simply download your music (and keep it!). Cardholders gets 5 MP3 downloads per week and 3 hours of streaming. Now through October 1st, 2020 – get unlimited streaming!
- Hoopla allows you to borrow movies, music, audiobooks, ebooks, comics and TV shows to enjoy on your computer, tablet, or phone – and even your TV! With no waiting, titles can be streamed immediately or downloaded to phones or tablets for offline enjoyment later. Limited to 5 checkouts per month.
- Enjoy free access to The New York Times for 72 hours. You will be prompted to login or create your New York Times account. Enjoy your 3 days of unlimited access to all NYTimes.com content, and the NYTimes smartphone and tablet apps. Return to the library website once your time has expired to receive another 72 hours of access.
- With a Redford Library card, Redford residents can download and access eBooks and audiobooks using a computer, eBook reader, or compatible mobile device. When setting up the OverDrive or Libby app on a mobile device, search for "Download Destination" to find the Redford Township District Library. Need help? Visit the Getting Started page for videos and step-by-step instructions.
- RBdigital offers full-color, interactive digital magazines for your enjoyment. Redford residents may browse the library's collection of popular titles with no holds, no checkout periods, and no limit to the number of magazines you can download.
Temporary Collections / Databases
In order to respond to COVID-19, we are temporarily adding additional databases and other collections that will be available for a limited time. These items are listed below:
- Genealogy research product that provides access to more than 2 billion names, more than 3,000 databases, primary source documents and images and a variety of genealogical research features, with new resources added daily. ProQuest is providing temporary remote access to the Ancestry.com database for current subscribing libraries through July 31, 2020. It will continue to be available in-library only after that time.
- All ages audiobook database. Access to this database is available through August 31, 2020.
- Access more than 400 years of newspapers, obituaries, and family history records from 32 countries and all 50 states - over 250 million pages. You can search, read, save, and share them all. Access to this database is available through June 15th, 2020.
- Romance eBook Collection. Access to this database is available through August 31, 2020.
- 7th - 12th grade eBooks database. Access to this database is available through August 31, 2020.
- Kindergarten through 6th grade eBooks database. Access to this database is available through August 31, 2020.
- Kindergarten through 6th grade math eBooks database. Access to this database is available through August 31, 2020.
- Tutor.com offers resources for students and job seekers of of all ages. Get live, one-to-one help from professional tutors online or assistance with job search, cover letter, and résumé preparation and editing. Available seven days a week for English and Spanish-speaking patrons from 8am - 10pm. In addition, the Skills Center is open 24/7 and offers thousands of worksheets, tutorials, study guides, practice tests, and more. Access to this database is available through June 30th, 2020.
- Access Morningstar financial reports, screening, analyst reports and portfolio screening. Use the Help & Education link to access information about this database and online course modules on investing. If accessing at the library use on-site link.
- Value Line provides investment research on companies, industries, markets and economies. The Library's subscription includes coverage of 1,700 stocks in The Value Line Investment Survey Plus and 1,800 in the The Small and Mid-Cap edition.