Computers are located in both the Adult Department and Children’s Department. All offer internet access and Microsoft Office. In order to use these computers, you must log on with a valid library card number or a Guest Pass. There is an adaptive use computer for the visually impaired in the Adult Department.
If you do not qualify for a Library card, or if you carry a MiLibraryCard (which provides access to print materials only), you may use a guest pass to access the public computers. Two types of guest passes are available:
- Visitor Express Pass: Free (Good for 15 minutes only)
- Guest Pass: $2 (Good for up to two hours on the day purchased, time permitting.)
You may purchase a Non-Resident Library Card for $125. Purchase of a Non-Resident Library card provides library access equivalent to that of a Redford resident, including public computer use. This card may be used by all members of one household.
RTDL offers FaxScan24 self-service faxing kiosks to provide a convenient service for users who need to send faxes. Only credit and debit cards are accepted. The kiosks do not receive incoming faxes.
- USA, Canada, & Caribbean: $1.75 for the first page + $1.00 for each additional page
- International: $3.95 for the first page + $3.45 for each additional page
- Stack up to 15 documents face down in the fax machine.
- Have your credit or debit card number and expiration date ready.
- Lift the phone and follow the voice prompts to key in your information.
Users can choose to receive a text confirmation that the fax has successfully been sent.
If you prefer to talk to a person, they can call the phone number listed on the fax machine (800-468-2748) to talk to a Fax24 staff member.
Users can also go to the FaxScan website to check the status of their fax, resubmit to multiple fax numbers or send a fax directly from the computer.
The library offers self-serve copiers for your convenience. The photocopiers are located in the copy alcove near the Adult Reference Desk. Black and white copies are 15¢ per page and color copies are 50¢ per page. You may also scan documents and save them to a flash drive or email a digital copy on the copiers free of charge.
Free WiFi is accessible throughout the library. You may print wirelessly from your smartphone, laptop or tablet to one of our Print-Release Stations. If you are in a hurry, request a free visitor express pass for a 15-minute session at any computer.