Redford Township District Library works with area organizations to help serve those that are unable to use standard print materials. Below are direct links to the resources available:
- Taylor Community Library provides Talking Books and Magazines, Braille Books and Magazines, Large Print Books, and Descriptive DVDs. Talking Books and Braille Books are sent free-of-charge through the U.S. Mail. All other materials are available for pickup at the Taylor Community Library.
- BTBL provides library service for individuals unable to use standard print materials.
Other Library Resources
Through a partnership with the Eagles for Children grant from the Western Golf & Country Club in Redford, and in collaboration with the National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped (NLS) and the Library of Congress, RTDL offers a selection of children’s board books in braille.View in Catalog
Low Vision Services
The library has a number of items available within the library for those with visual impairments. These include:
- Large Print Collection of Fiction and Non-Fiction Books
- Dedicated computer with screen magnifier and screen reader software.
- Video magnifier for use with books, magazines, mail, prescription labels, etc.
- Magnifying and reading glasses for in-library use.
- An extensive collection of audiobooks (CD and digital) and e-books (with text sizing).
For more information visit the adult reference desk or give us a call.