Redford Township District Library works with area organizations to help serve those that are unable to use standard print materials. Below are direct links to the resources available:
- Taylor Community Library provides Talking Books and Magazines, Braille Books and Magazines, Large Print Books, and Descriptive DVDs. Talking Books and Braille Books are sent free-of-charge through the U.S. Mail. All other materials are available for pickup at the Taylor Community Library.
- BTBL provides library service for individuals unable to use standard print materials.
Other Library Resources
Through a partnership with the Eagles for Children grant from the Western Golf & Country Club in Redford, and in collaboration with the National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped (NLS) and the Library of Congress, RTDL offers a selection of classic and contemporary children’s books in braille. From picture books and board books to chapter books, the collection boasts over 100 braille books for children.View in Catalog
Low Vision Services
The library has a number of items available within the library for those with visual impairments. These include:
- Large Print Collection of Fiction and Non-Fiction Books
- Dedicated computer with screen magnifier and screen reader software.
- Video magnifier for use with books, magazines, mail, prescription labels, etc.
- Magnifying and reading glasses for in-library use.
- An extensive collection of audiobooks (CD and digital) and e-books (with text sizing).
For more information visit the adult reference desk or give us a call.